1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AHCI PORT0 device error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Taira.i, May 31, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Taira.i

Taira.i Thread Starter

When I turn on my windows computer, it’s say AMBIOS ETC.. memory bank 1 and memory bank 2.... 1st drive and 2nd drive...USB mass storage devices found and configured then says AHCI PORT0 device error and press F2 to continue
    How can get it back to normal without this coming up every single time I turn it on?

2. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello Taira.i,

Could be a bad hard drive but can I ask if the time and date are shown to be correct in the BIOS.

Does the computer actually boot into Windows at all or are you stuck at the AHCI error.

What is the full brand and model name or number of the computer.

3. Taira.i

Taira.i Thread Starter

Hello
    It’s an HP Windows 7 Premium
    Well I do remember clicking a message which said that it is safer to backup all files so I did what it said to but right after I did that this message would pop up every time I turned it on

The message on the screen when I turn it on says AHCI error but if I do click F2 to continue and does allow me to login into my computer but it will still give me a message saying that windows detected s hard disk problem

Please could you let me know how I can resolve this problem

4. Taira.i

Taira.i Thread Starter

When I click backup process it tells met ti print, save, or slip instructions

5. Taira.i

Taira.i Thread Starter

I just continued and clicked backup files

6. phillpower2

phillpower2

Download and run CrystalDisk info standard edition from here

Run the program, grab any screenshots and attach to your next reply for us.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

If you need to save the results as a txt file can you please edit out your Windows product key before uploading the information here.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice