1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AHead InCD problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by coorrrel2, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coorrrel2

coorrrel2 Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I've recently formatted my CD-RW with InCD, making it a "large floppy disk", but the problem i want to burn audio track on the CD-RW and with InCD you just cant. My question is that how do u re-format the CD-RW to NOT to be used like a "large floppy disk"????

So can somebody help me out??

2. Rockn

Rockn

It won't do it because the CD is set up for packet writing. Just burn it to your hard drive and then drag the resulting file over to the CD.

3. Moby

Moby

Try this, don't know if you can unformat though.
    Go into nero, if the wizard starts, shut it down.
    At the top of nero choose recorder, erase rewritable disc, choose full option see if that helps.
    Using rw discs for recording audio though is not normally recomended

4. RonK

RonK

Just went through the same thing and I found that the only way to overcome that problem is to Uninstall InCD.

Even after Erasing the cdrw with Nero full option the disk would show that there was 200 meg used and 368 free. As soon as I uninstalled InCD the disk showed all the space available.
    I don't think they designed InCD well enough to work with other software.

Everything works OK now.

5. coorrrel2

coorrrel2 Thread Starter

Thank you for all the reply, but when i clicked on Nero to do the erase, it says:

"InCD currently accesses one or more recorders. Please eject these CDs and restart Nero afterwards."

Yes, i have uninstalled InCD and it still says that.
    I just want to the CD-RW normally without the packet writing stuff...

Can someone tell me how to fix this??? or not??

6. Moby

Moby

you can still do the normal stuff with incd installed just dont have it open and maybe not on the disc you have already formatted

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/86337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice