1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ahead Nero and InCD - Backing up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Cinders, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cinders

Cinders Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am looking for some advice please, if anyone can help me.
    I have Windows 98SE and Ahead Nero and InCD. I also have a CD Writer.
    I have got some blank CD-RW discs and would like to copy the files from 'My Documents' onto a CD-RW as a means of a backup.
    I have read, somewhere, that it is really easy to do but I have no idea and wondered if anyone can please help me.
    I would really be very grateful.
    Many Thanks.
    Cinders.

2. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

you should be able to put the disk in your burner...open windows explorer...and just drag and drop to your drive...this should copy the files to your cd-rw

3. Cinders

Cinders Thread Starter

Hi,
    Do you mean insert disc in CD-RW and open either InCD or Ahead Nero? I am sorry, I am not too sure.
    Cinders.

4. slipe

slipe

There are two ways to do it – InCD and Nero.

For backup of stuff you intend also leaving on the computer InCD is very easy. You insert the RW, open InCD and have it format the RW. It takes a while to format it but you need do it only once.

Once the CD is formatted you can just drag stuff from My Documents for example to the drive that is your CD writer. You can also copy/paste. You treat the CD just like another hard drive in that you can erase or overwrite individual entries.

Any time you put the formatted RW in the burner, InCD becomes active so you can use it in Windows Explorer.

For things you want to move to CD for archive it is better to use Nero. You also have to use Nero for music CDs. Nero will write to either RW or CDR, but it is best to archive to CDR and music will be more likely to play on your entertainment players using CDR. With Nero you just open the program and write to the CD – you don’t format it.

For data you can start a multi-session CD and add stuff if you don’t fill it. Here are some good tutorials for Nero: http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1034059030144

5. Cinders

Cinders Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. The information was great.
    Regards
    Cinders.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/127317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice