1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ahead Nero problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sfortune, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sfortune

sfortune Thread Starter

I'd like to store my digitial photos on cd. I go through the neessacary steps using other formats, audio + data mix, but it isn't reconizing my jpeg files. It is looking for wav, mp3, and cda files. When I searched the help menu it said it does accept these files, but how? Please help!

2. Akito

Akito

Try just a normal data CD, not a audio + data..

3. cheetore

cheetore

I was using windows 98se. I upgraded to Windows XP pro. The problem is, the ahead nero software is NOT working. What do I do? Can't find any upgrades either.

4. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

cheetore, try reinstalling Nero.

sfortune: Akito is right, just treat your jpg's like simple data and burn as a data CD.

5. Moby

Moby

Cheetore - remove nero then re-install it, see if that works. If not start another thread, answering 2 people in the same one can get confusing to everyone and take longer to sort your problem out in the long run.

6. sfortune

sfortune Thread Starter

I might have figured something out...should I burn image or write cd? I've been selecting burn....lets she what happens!

7. Moby

Moby

You want burn compilation. Burn image is a different thing. Are you using the icons at the top, the one with the little flame on the cd ? And what version of nero, the icons have changed a tad in nero 6?

8. Akito

Akito

If you burn an image, basically you are creating a CD on your HDD..

9. sfortune

sfortune Thread Starter

Well, I still haven't figured anything out. Maybe if someone could walk me through the steps...maybe I'm doing it all wrong. I'm using ahead nero 5.5 version, all my setting should just be at default I've never changed anything. I've been trying other formats, but I don't know whether to use audio - data mix or just data cd...(someone told me they use audio data mix). I know how to drag files but after that what to do I don't know as far as the burn process. Someone mentioned burn compilation????

Thanks for your help...I'd really like to get this to work for I have tons of jpeg images piling up. Also I've always left them at the normal size (which is full screen) when I send them in they print alot better if a don't resize them is this okay?

10. jbcalg

jbcalg

have you tried using the wizard, using the data cd as the choice?
    after the files are dragged into the left side pane
    either click on the flaming whatever icon in the menu bar
    or choose file, write cd

open nero
    new
    new compilation window opens (can access the wizard at this point)
    iso (same as data cd)
    drag the files over
    file, write cd

11. sfortune

sfortune Thread Starter

Just great...did that thought it was going to work, and then I get a fatal exception screen pop up, and I had to exit out )-:

12. jbcalg

jbcalg

what Os are yo using?
    if XP, just use the native cd burner

insert a blank cd
    open my computer or windows explorer
    select the files you want
    r-click copy
    click on the cd drive
    r-click paste
    dialogues follow ;)

i'd uninstall nero completely and start from scratch
    what type of fatal exception error did you get?
    google it, may lead to a solution

13. sfortune

sfortune Thread Starter

google it, may lead to a solution????? What does that mean? I have Windows 98. What do the fatal exceptions and illegal operations mean? There are different kinds??? I get them once in awhile, and end up shutting down half the time because nothing will work and I hear tapping sounds.

I can't reinstall nero either I don't have the orginal cd. Man I got problems, but seriously I do have a very good computer, and never had any real problems or virus with it.

14. jbcalg

jbcalg

yup, google (along with other 'lesser' search engines ;)) will often point you in the right direction if not actually give you the answer you need
    (which is why you sometimes see people suggesting google, not to be a smart a$$ but because it's a great place to look - first place i go, even before MS knowledgebase)

here's a google result using fatal exception as the search terms

first off is the MS explanation of the different parts of the error message

that's why it's important to write down exactly which error is reported, often leads to tracking down the specific culprit

here's one from nero about fatal exceptions

try it again, see if you get the same error, write it down and let us know.

15. Harsha

Harsha

just to be a bit more specific, go the the search engine www.google.com then type out your error message, and see if any of the results help!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!