AHH help please!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silverorb

One of my employees recently gave me her laptop to try and format due to an error she received upon a boot up attempt. The error reads;

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x8186F2B0, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Im trying to reformat it for her but I am unable to install ANY version of windows~

This is all I have for specs on the Dell, as well as what I have tried:;
Dell Latitude C600
Windows 2000pro

I have have tried checking CMOS, using f8 to enter windows advanced option (i.e safe mode, last known good configuration, etc)
Also tried a WIN 98 cd, WIN xp cd but I was unable to get the rom to recognize the CD--

Any help would be GREAT and very much needed!

Thanx

Have you mande sure that in CMOS the CD drive is the 1st thing listed in the Bootup menu? Do that then try booting from the cd again.

silverorb

Yeah tried I that--I even removed everything but the cd-rom boot with no success

Is the cd bootable? Is it an upgrade?
Does the laptop have an A: drive?
Do you have a win98 boot diskette? At least you could format it using that.
How about PQMAGIC? it doesn't care what the disk is. (ntfs, fat, fat32)

silverorb

Yes the CD is bootable-
and no unfortunately no A drive only cd--
Im going madd
Thanx though

you could create a batch file to run a format program on the c: from a USB drive. or even use a formatting program on a USB Drive. have the comp, boot to the USB drive.

silverorb

Thanxs...but a little unfamiliar with this....could you explain a bit more please---

Thank you

yeah me as well, Which you have? You can put the boot info from a win98 machine and boot to it, then format the HD.

silverorb

I have a thumb drive--I have no other systems on win98 though fyi--so I guess I need to know what file/prog to put on the thumb drive to boot on this craptop

hey sorry about the delay, bad incident in the family. ANYWAY, try searching for PC-dos
it could do it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online