Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahh i think i messed up me bios

714 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ODIN 0ERO 
#1 ·
Well in doing resurch for a freind in trying to understand the process of overclocking and sheer curiosty to see what my system would be able to push alittle harder i found my way in my bios and desided reluctently to play around with it some to see if i could get my medocer pc to push alittle harder than what it is set for and well i saved and almost immeditly my screen went blank and every time i try to restart my computer, there is nothing being emulated by my screen even thought the montier is in prime shape. aghh so how badly should i kick my own tush and what should i do to repair what i have broken???!?

G
#3 ·
or you can simply change the position of the jumper.

that will reset the BIOS settings to the factory default.

the picture bellow shows the CMOS battery and the reseting jumper next to it.

change the position of the jumper to reset the CMOS to default.

the position of the CMOS jumper can vary from motherboard to motherboard but it is always in the close vicinity of the battery.

it is fairly simple task to perform.

read the explanation bellow the picture.

2) CMOS Reset Jumpers

Many motherboards have jumpers on them purposefully for clearing the CMOS. This jumper will need to be activated, the PC turned on. Then the PC must be turned off again and the jumper put back into it's original position so that the CMOS can be edited again. If the jumper is not replaced, then the CMOS will be cleared every time you turn the PC on. But, if you do not have this jumper, dont worry, there are more methods available.

3) The Battery (Safe and Slow)

This CMOS battery is the huge disk shaped object in your motherboard. Power down your PC completely and disconnect it from the wall and remove the ATX Motherboard power connector. Then, just carefully remove the battery and leave it to one side for about 30 minutes. After this time period, replace the battery and plug everything in again. The CMOS would have powered down and all the records would have been lost, meaning that everything is now back to the default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.