1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AHHH!!!!!!! Problem uninstalling a program

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by krazeecrw, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

Please help! I have purchased an Pocket Reaer-08. I am running WIN 2K SP2 on an IBM Thinkpad. I installed the drivers and was having problems getting the reader to work. When I tried to uninstall the drivers I get the message, "Uninstall.log file does not exist". It then continues with the Repair or Remove option on the wizard. I have tried this both ways and I can not get the program entirely uninstalled from the system. When I go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, I can see the program. When I highlight it and try to Change/Remove nothing happens! How can I get this out of the system?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

Hi there!

Go into Windows Explorer
    make sure that you're set to show all files and show hidden system files.

Go to C:\Program Files\Installshield installation Information\ and see which folder contains the info about the program you're trying to clean out. The folders will have a bunch of numbers and letters in them...simply open each folder and double-click on the "SETUP.INI" file and that will tell you what program it's associated with. Simply delete the appropriate folder and you should be OK.

Good Luck!

ST

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice