Aiieeee! Damn LOL.scr!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BudTheSpud

Can someone run through how to restart in safe mode for XP? I know it was easier with 98 because it was right there, but XP I know it isnt as easily accessible.

What the....control-alt-delete doesnt work! I just noticed this. It wont bring up the running processes and used memory and so on! Just nothing! What the hell is going on...

And I just noticed in my C: drive I found a few files that looked really suspicious. A DOS file called hahaha, and that LOL.scr again! As well as two other files that shortcutted to DOS, Me_2005, and Webcam. I deleted all but the hahaha one, which is telling me access is denied.

Do ANY of you know a way to get rid of this virus? I tried every antivirus but none of them are working! AVG cant find it, Ad Aware blocks up, Panda online and Housecall both screw up thanks to the mess of my ActiveX and Java. Damn...

The more I try to clean this mess now, the bigger it gets...I'm getting worried.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Tap the F8 key while your machine is booting. I gave you a link also.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts