1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AIM 6.1 window does not open

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mark Kramer, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mark Kramer

Mark Kramer Thread Starter

For no apparent reason, my AIM 6.1 has gone flukey. Although the program runs, the window in which one chats does not open. I can neither send nor receive messages. My colleagues tell me they can see that I am online, but that's about as far as it goes. It is almost as if the window has moved off the desktop, but if it has, I can't figure out how to retrieve it. I'm running XP with SP2 installed, and I should point out that this program ran flawlessly for well over a year. I can't recall making any system changes, either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. MindEraser

MindEraser

did you try reinstalling the aim? , i would also suggest trying aimPro its a bit more advance + companies can use it for buisness ( its free of course)

3. Mark Kramer

Mark Kramer Thread Starter

Yes, I re-installed the program several times, with no apparent effect. However, after posting my query this morning, I went back and tried to sort this out for the 100th time. All of a sudden the program is working normally...though I made no changes. I am an experienced computer user, so I am confident I did not change some setting or adjust anything. It's just one of those weird things where the computer does what it damn well pleases. Anyway, it's working now. Perhaps the mere action of filing the query fixed it!

4. MindEraser

MindEraser

lol maybe , don't you love when that happens its such a annoyance sometime :) but thats the computer world for ya

glad your problems solved, enjoy aim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice