Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM 6.5 Upgrade causes media to no longer play on versions of Vista DO NOT UPGRADE

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cfs525 
#1 ·
AIM 6.5 Upgrade causes media to no longer play on versions of Vista DO NOT UPGRADE...the cause of media no longer playing on Windows Media Player and iTunes and all other media players was linked on my PC to the download and installation of AIM 6.5. It also caused my network icon in my system tray show i was no longer connected to a network, and it was an unknown network.

To fix these problems use the system restore program that Vista comes with and restore your PC to a saved version before your installation of AIM 6.5.

Hopefully this helps everyone having these problems.

Note: Aim will no longer work after doing system restore, so you have to re-install in, and if you dont have the install package for 6.0 saved somewhere on your computer do not re-install 6.5, go to the aim site and look for the classic version 5.9.

#4 ·
Point of order... I have Vista, and happily installed AIM 6.5 It gave no problems whatsoever, media played fine, and all systems functioing normally. Possibly there is a conflict with other installed items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.