AIM Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KeithKman

Well, I just uninstalled DeadAIM. Its a plug-in for the popular AOL Instant Messenger. Well now when I try to run AIM I get an error that says:

C:program Files\AIM95\deadaim.ocm is missing. It is required to run AOL Instant Messenger.

Why is it saying this error if I uninstalled DeadAim? I just want the original AIM.

How do I fix this problem? I am running Win XP Pro.

Edit the registry. Do a backup of the registry first and then search for deadaim.ocm and delete any keys you may find.

You may want to search files and folders for DeadAIM and delete there too!

KeithKman

I ended up just unistalling AIM and re-installing it. Fixed my problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online