AIM, Morphues say no connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

therock19842

For some reason when I try to connect to program like AIM, Morphues etc it says no connection or connection failed. I do have a connection because I can browse the net with IE. I think the problem is in my Network setting but I don't know how to fix it. I would love it if somebody could help me.:confused:

No action here :rolleyes:

How about a lift to the Web Forum....

(you don't have a firewall do you?)

Morphous and AIM do not use port 80 like Http pages.I have a feeling that the port you are using is not available or blocked by a firewall.If this is a home pc, and you have broadband, chances are it came with some firewall software.

I'm not at home so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure Morpheus uses port 1630. I don't know about AIM.

Anyway, I had trouble after first installing Morpheus because I use ZoneAlarm. I had configured it to allow Morpheus to access the Internet, but somehow ZoneAlarm lost the setting and I had to reset it.

So, you you have any kind of firewall?

I had to get rid of ZAPro... it was doing that to me too.
I now have Tiny Personel Firewall
But... Im considering the free version of Zone Alarm... waiting to see what others are saying bout it first

aol/im is aim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online