1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Aim,msn Help Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shudog420, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shudog420

shudog420 Thread Starter

my girlfriend just had wireless internet put on her comp, yahoo dsl.
    her comp is like 2 years old maybe, im guessing she has windows service pack 1 because her windows XP is a diffrent set up then mine, my comp is not even a month old. Anyway she can get online but she installed msn instantmessenger and aim and they do not work, they both say the names invalid or cant sign in at this time. Only the very very first verson of aim works, but she needs the new stuff to use webcam. so anyway does anyone know whats going on???

2. kirby_t07

kirby_t07

I cant tell you whats wrong, you could always update her to sp2. My advice, especially if you ue both msn and AIM is to use trillian, it mixes both systems together and to my knowledge has ausio and video and most other functions as well as being skin-able and just generally cooler than AIM and MSN. http://www.ceruleanstudios.com is their website, hope i helped!

3. firestormer

firestormer

You may need to mess about with the conection setting within MSN.

I have AOL broardband but often it dosnt workso i have to use dial-up. I find tht when i switch form one to another MSN stops working but can be solved be going to Conections in Options on MSN and then repairing or renewing the conection to MSN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice