AIM uses 85% of my CPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crypty

Sometimes I notice my computer crawling when I have almost nothing running. When I go to check the CPU load it usually shows that AIM is actively using 85% of my CPU and the load is always at 100%.

As far as I know there is no spyware/virus stuff going on. I have used many scanners and I keep my computer very clean. Other AIM chat alternatives(such as trillian or terraIM) work as they are supposed to.

I prefer AIM over those others so I'd like to figure out what the problem is but it's not a big deal if I can't.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online