Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aircon for server room

714 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  zx10guy 
#1 ·
We have built a server room 9 metre square. there are 2 rack cabinets, 1 PBX, 2 servers, 2 UPSs, 12 switches in side.

I have a plan to install 2 aircons Daikin 9000BTU for this room. Everyday I will use remote turn one on, and the other off. During holidays I will ask guarders do this task from outside the door.

Anyone can advise me whether this solution is good?

Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
What's the criticality of the equipment? Are these devices supporting mission critical services?

Having a A/C unit which you are manually triggering by a remote is extremely kludgy. If you're going to install an A/C unit you might as well get one with a thermostat which you can set the room temperature and just leave it running.

Also, have you done an air flow analysis of the room? Are there supply and return air plenums? How is the air pulled out of the room? How is the exhaust/hot air from the A/C unit being removed from the room? What about removing condensation from the A/C units? Are you going to place these A/C units in relation to the air flow direction of the equipment which means laying things out for a hot and cold aisle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.