1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi Wireless Base Station Whims

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by damker, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    Hi there pals.

I've installed AirPort Extreme on my Windows 7 PC. No problem with the installation. However, when I tried to start the application it stated that it "requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later". I thought there might be compatibility problems, so I uninstalled and reinstalled with XP SP2 compatibility settings. I still get the same response that "Airport Utility requires bla bla".
    Could you help?
    Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Did you download the latest Airport utility from Apple and install that?

3. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    Hi Triple6. Thanks for responding so promptly. No I did not as the router came with its installation cd. Should I download something else?
    Thanks again.
    D.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    Thanks Triple6. I've installed that too. Same result. I was wondering if there is a problem with the hardware. Can the software be used with any PC or does it have to have some special hardware from Aple besides the router? Something like a special card or something?
    Thanks.
    D.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Apple is Apple, they don't do anything normal, with all normal routers you can simply use a web interface to configure them, Apple makes you install their software to configure it. But this is not a hardware issue, its the software that you are having, the software is refusing to run.

Make sure you are not using Compatibility mode still, that will cause problems, you may have to disable the compatibility mode, uninstall it, then install it to a new folder. Or try it another computer.

7. damker

damker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danny
    Thanks Triple6. Much obliged.
    D.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice