1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Airport Extreme and ISPQ

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Watrat, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watrat

Watrat Thread Starter

Good evening,
    I am a long time windows person who just got a powerbook book and set up an airport extreme wireless network..have a cable modem. At the moment I have my powerbook connecting wirelessly and my XP Pro desktop connected to the LAN port in the back of the base station. Everything works and I can connect and do most of what I would like to do..except the video chat program ISPQ which is run from the windows xp desktop. I know there are problems when connected behind a router..I am able to send messages, but not receive them. So, I have been reading everything I can to configure the port masking from the powerbook to get it to work. To be honest, I am pretty comfortable working on computers but I am a total basketcase when it comes to networking and assigning numbers. There are instructions from ispq about setting up the airport with ports 2000-2003. Right now this is what I have:
    Public Port Private IP Address Private Port
    2000 10.0.1.201 2000
    2001 10.0.1.201 2001
    2002 10.0.1.201 2002
    2003 10.0.1.201 2003

When I do an IP search on my desktop it says its address is 10.0.1.5 and I tried changing the private IP addresses to that so it would look for that machine, but it didn't help. Was just hoping for some advice..don't want to give up if it is poosible.

Thanks

Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/148341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice