1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AirPort Extreme printing problems on a Windows Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by malamin, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malamin

malamin Thread Starter

I just bought an AirPort Extreme and everything seems to be networked properly.

I have a Dell Vista desktop and XBOX 360 connected via ethernet. Also, two Dell XP laptops and TiVo Series 2 connected via WiFi (no Mac hardware except iPod Touch). These guys are all recognized and access the internet flawlessly.

My problem is my Dell Printer 924 (Photo All-in-One), that is connected via USB, doesn't print. I installed Bonjour for Windows on all three computers. The printer description and drivers are installed and the computers all recognize the printer just fine.

When I send a test print page, it doesn't make it to the printer. In the Printer Queue it says the document has been "Sent to the printer", but nothing gets printed.

Please help! The only reason I bought the AirPort was for the USB functionality. I've scoured these forums, but I can't find this particular problem.

Note: I also posted this on Apple's Discussion Forums

Thanks
    Maury

2. temp2185950

temp2185950

this is probably an incompatible printer with the airport express.
    I have an epson c70 that work on my airport express without any problems, I also have the Dell 924, but the airport expresss does not recognize it at all.
    This is apparently a VERY common problem with the airport express, lots of usb printers do not work with it. I have heard it described as "the dirty little secrete apple doesn't want you to know about the airport express/extreme"

I'm sure this caused endless hours of frustration for many users.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/668185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice