1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AirPort ExTreme to PC Using Wireless Connectivity

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by jonuck, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonuck

jonuck Thread Starter

What is required to allow My PC to get its connectivity Wirelessly From an Airport Extreme Base that is already supplying a Macbook Wirelessly? ........ or do I have to use a RJ45 cable interface?.......... if this is possible what are the configuration details both at the Base and at the PC ................... Sort of edging my way to using a Mac:D .......................

2. Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

Assuming your PC has wireless hardware, you just connect to the AirPort like any other wireless access point. This varies according the the version of Windows your PC is running and the software you are using to manage the PC wireless connection.

3. jonuck

jonuck Thread Starter

Many thanks for your response Pensacola Tiger ............ My computer is not as of yet equipped with the necerssary hardware and this is what my query was about ....... what do I require to obtain to make this possible ..... and how to configure it....................

4. VegasACF

VegasACF

These might be questions better asked of our Windows-using denizens.

5. jonuck

jonuck Thread Starter

Many thanks for your response VegasACF ............ You are probably right .. this would perhaps be better aimed at the Windows experts ........ the household having aquired a Mac computer it seems a waste of resource to let it just service one little MacBook when it could also supply the two PC's that reside here as well using wireless technology ...... the bonus being to get rid of some of the mass of cables that seem to breed behind every PC!............:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice