AJAX Inline Editing

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I'm currently trying to get the new AJAX inline editing/quick reply working. When we tried this before, we had some varied results, depending on browser and operating system. Please report bugs here, but include your browser and operating system in each reply for my sanity's sake. Thanks! ;)

If this test doesn't go well, I may turn it off for a while until I can spend some more time troubleshooting.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
FIXED: Known Bug #1: If you post a quick reply to a short thread, it will appear under the ads rather than in line with the other posts.

FIXED: Known Bug #2: Apparently it doesn't work all the time with IE. I'm going to do work on it. ;)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Well, I'm pretty happy with things so far. I'm sure it will change tomorrow. I'll be out on jobs for most of the day, so if things don't look too good, I may just turn off the inline editor again. Fingers crossed! :)

I am getting this now from the Quick Reply.

Then if I edit I get the other type of edit box like was here right after you did the upgrade.
These are both thing that happen before but then you fixed them.
Most of the time it just shows the one dropdown box from when you click a my user name.
But treespirit came up along with mine this time. I think she posted at the samr time.
Them when I posted again it did it but the pass two still showed up so that is why you see 3 of them.

I got 98SE and netscape 7.02.

Attachments

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Trying to translate, hewee... After you post a Quick Reply, it shows the user drop-downs for each post?

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Just posted this using Netscape 8 without any troubles... I might hunt around and see if I can still get 7 somewhere.

Well most of the time it only show user drop-down for me only.
Don't know why it shows my user drop-downs if there are no post of mine around to get the user drop-down from

Then a couple times it will show the user drop-down for who ever has the last post be mine will also show up.

You know I wonder if it is because they were short post so more then one user name was showing up and I got the user drop-downs for all users show on the screen.

Seeing how once the user drop-downs is showing the only way to make it go away is to reload the page.
But I posted again and it made the user drop-downs that were already showing get added to the new one on mine that pops up with the reply.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Other than the surprise when I hit edit and got a new screen, it appears to work fine with XP-Pro and IE6, all patches. :D

LauraMJ

Administrator
I've not seen that problem on mine. I use Windows XP SP2 with Firefox 1.5. I tried it with IE, and it is still working normally.

Hewee, I think you should take your computer and turn it upside down and shake it vigoriously. Maybe those bugs/gremlins will fall out. :D

It's worked for me using Opera 8 most of the time.

A couple of times, after hitting save, I was presented with a new window and a blank message box. Hit back and I was returned to my edited message -- which if I hit save again -- it posted correctly.

Will try it here again.

>> this is the "edit"

... which worked properly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online