1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Album Art 3d

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by hmeyers, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hmeyers

hmeyers Thread Starter

I went to download wmp album art 3d in wmp and the player crashed and i havent been able to open the player since. I checked to see what the error was and its message is albumart 3d.dll wmp error. Can someone help? Im not to computer savvy

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You may need to reinstall WMP. You should be able to get the latest version from the microsoft webpage. The version will vary based on your OS.

3. hmeyers

hmeyers Thread Starter

Thankyou for your input but I have tried that and I receive the same message. (wmp has stopped working.) The error message in the logs seems to me it is a corrupt .dll. I called asus and they refered me to microsoft and viseversa. Microsoft says they can fix it for 99$ because the upgrade to win.8.1 is not covered. Having a kinipsion. No one takes responsibilty for their product. Its a brand new computer . Im ranting sorry LOL. Thank you for your help

4. jhayz

jhayz

Try system restore please.

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You don't need to upgrade the OS. Worst case scenario, you simply reinstall the existing version.

And Asus wouldn't help anyway as this is OS related...thus Microsoft.

System Restore could resolve the issue as noted above. Otherwise, what is the exact error? Does the WMP installation complete? Which OS are you using?

6. hmeyers

hmeyers Thread Starter

wmp has stopped working. will notify if there is a solution.
    os is windows 8.1I have renstalled wmp. strange thing is when i try to get skins i receive the same message but a folder called visulisations shows up in program files (x86 and mis spelled )

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If you have the install disc, the rescue discs, or took the time to create the backup discs, you can simply restore/reinstall the OS to how it was when the PC was purchased (and then not install the album art software).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!