1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

album art creative zen

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by simba58, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

I have a zen media player. No matter what file is playing or displayed it shows the same album art. I found similar posts, but nothing the same.

2. stantley

stantley

Hi, welcome to TSG.

The album art can come from two different places, either the album art tag that's in the Mp3 file itself (are you using Mp3 files?) or from an external file that might be called Folder.jpg or Album Art.jpg.

What version of Windows are you using? What software do you use to organize your music, WMP or something else? You could either use that or an Mp3 tag editor to see what the album tags in the Mp3 files look like.

Also use Windows Explorer to see what jpg files are on the player with the Mp3 files. You might have to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" in Folder Options to see these files.

3. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

I'm using windows xp. I use the software that came with my creative zen. I downloaded an mp3 tag program. Most of my music is mp3. However, I noticed that some in wma.

4. stantley

stantley

Well, let's work on the Mp3 files first. Does the album art show up correctly when using either the creative zen software or the mp3 tag program? You could check with both of them. Which mp3 tag editor did you get?

5. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

I have mp3 tag v2.42. When I connect my player to my pc and browse the files they all show the same album art.

6. stantley

stantley

Do you also have copies of the music files on your hard drive and if so does the album art look the same?

What program(s) have you used to update the album art?

7. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

The music files are in my music on my pc. The album art does not show there. It does show in windows media player. I don't know about updating album art.

8. stantley

stantley

You can use Mp3tag to update the album art. Select all the tracks on an album, go to Tag Sources and try either Amazon.com or freedb.

About how many Mp3 files do you have?

9. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

I have 290 files

10. stantley

stantley

Ok, then I would just use Mp3tag to update all of the tags for all of your songs, it shouldn't take too long. Did you try the Amazon lookup yet?

11. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

Yea, but I really don't know what it did or what I am doing. I'm getting quite frustrated with this.

12. simba58

simba58 Thread Starter

I got it! Close this one.

13. stantley

stantley

Well, in order for you to see album art on the creative zen player you have to make sure the Mp3 files on your PC are properly tagged before you copy them to the player.

So you have to use some kind of software that will download album art from the internet and attach it to your Mp3 files. WMP isn't good to use because it doesn't show you the actual Mp3 album art tag.

Since you have Mp3tag, I suggested using that because it will do an internet lookup and it shows you the actual tag. If you find Mp3tag difficult to work with you could try MediaMonkey and see if that's a little easier.

Edit: While I was posting you posted that you got it. Good, now copy those files to the player and see if it worked.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!