1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

album art

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by vini_i, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vini_i

vini_i Thread Starter

Recently I’ve been organizing my MP3 collection and I have realized that Windows Media Player has been collecting album art for my songs. They don’t take up much room but there’s just so freaking many of them. And every time I delete them they always come back.

How can I get WMP to stop collecting them?

2. Moby

Moby

Where are you deleting the album art from? It is stored in the hidden tags each track has. Also which version of WMP do you have?
    In WMP10 under tools, options and on the library tag, make sure the 'retrieve additional information from the internet' box is not checked.
    You can get free music tagging programmes which will allow you to delete them all in one go, you need to ensure that any changes you make to a group of tracks are only applied to the album art part of the tag - ie delete the art only and not the whole tag.
    The art really isn't that big though and causes no problems in playback. My 6,000 odd tracks with album art makes for a more colourful display when playing ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!