alert message from zone alarm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sharky

From To
IP Address: 216.195.153.xxx IP Address: 216.33.22.215

The above was an alert i received using ZoneAlarm. Most likely harmless. however(and like that classic ad on tv),in the event this was a real threat to my secuirty,how would i find out who send it.

bear in mind,zone alarm tells hows to do it,but i'm simple-minded.
is there an easy 1 or 2 step process to find out.

the whois stuff seems complicated to a new computer person

thanks,sharky

ps kitty is next to me and lively. just passed the computer screen

Hi Sharky...

This site purports to find info on IP addresses and the two addresses you give come up with positive answers using their search facility:

http://www.arin.net/whois/

For a full rundown on the make-up of an IP address, prepare to be confused at:

Here

hi sharky............difficult to trace if you do get a malicious attack,hackers cover their steps pretty well but at least you know z/a is doing its job.
and nope..there aint no easy way to do a trace,you usually end up chasing your tail.:p

Sharky, just curious as to what it said for you to think it was a real threat to your security. Reason I'm asking is that evertime my z/a blocks something it always says something like 'Don't worry, your computer is safe' :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online