1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Alex

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bogomolov, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bogomolov

Bogomolov Thread Starter

Every time I reboot my computer Windows Installer is attempting to instal Corel Photo Album 6 asking for a disk. I don't have a disk because it was a trial version preinstalled on my new computer and I deleted it I have to click 6 times on this annoying window to close it. Please Help before I break this machine. Thanks:mad:

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    If you go into Add/Remove programs, is it there? If so remove it from there.
    Also, go to start, run, type "msconfig" without the quotes, go to startup tab and see if it's listed in startup. If so, uncheck it.
    Good luck!

3. Bogomolov

Bogomolov Thread Starter

I can't delete it from Add/Remove. It asking for a disk

4. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Did you check to see if it's in your startup? If it is and you uncheck it, restart your computer and the message should go away.
    Also you can click on start, all programs, startup...if it's there, delete it. Reboot.
    Good luck!

5. Bogomolov

Bogomolov Thread Starter

Its not in the start up

6. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    If you go to start, all programs, is it listed there? If so is it a folder? If so open the folder...possibly there is an uninstaller in that folder?

7. Bogomolov

Bogomolov Thread Starter

Its not there. It was not actually fully installed. I believe that I aborted the installation after realising that it was just a trial version.

8. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Apparently this is a problem many people have had. I came across the following directions on removing it....and many people said it worked! Good Luck!

1. Point Internet Explorer to the following location. This will load the Download page of our FTP Server. If you receive an error message when loading this page, you’ll need to enable "FTP folder view". In Internet Explorer Use Tools | Options, Click the Advanced tab and mark the "Enable Folder View for FTP sites". ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/PaintShopPro/X

2. Locate the file ZapPS.exe

3. Left-click and drag the file from the Download page window to your Computer Desktop (you can also copy/paste by right-clicking on the file and choosing copy and then right click on your desired destination and choosing paste). This will transfer the file from our server to your computer.

4. When done downloading the file, browse to the location of the saved file. Double left-click on the icon to start the utility .

5. From the Product Drop-down menu, choose the version of Photo Album you’d like to uninstall.

6. Under Actions, add a checkmark next to all 4 options - Uninstall, Run MSI Zap, Remove Registry Keys, Remove Installed Files. If you have customized albums by adding soundtracks, arranging the display order of images, or if you have assigned Keywords, Titles, or Descriptions to your images, this process will automatically back up your database file for you so that this information will be retained.

7. Choose begin. The utility will begin to uninstall Photo Album. Then the utility will remove all other portions of the program. Note: The files you have created, edited or saved with Album will NOT be deleted, moved or changed.

9. Bogomolov

Bogomolov Thread Starter

You are great. I don't hate computers any more. Thanks

10. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    I am so glad it worked for you. You are very welcome :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice