1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Alienware Aurora-R3 case air flow question?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilson44512, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

i have a Alienware Aurora-R3 and i took out the 2 gts 450s. and replaced it with a single MSI radeon R9 290. and it seams that it is running a bit hot. once it got up to 180F. all the fans are working. i wonder if its the case? i took the cover that was covering the video card and left the side off and it helped some. it went down to about 120F to140F. i was wonder if i can cut a hole in the side panel. and mount a fan there to blow out if that would help any?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wilson44512

and this is the only place in the front that air is getting in. maybe i sgould try to open this up some how?
    [​IMG]

3. wilson44512

i was thinking of putting a pci slot fan in? what ya think? dont car about noise.

This is my case with the inside covers on

[​IMG]

This is with the covers off to show the air flow. the yellow arrows show the airflow now. and that is why i was wondering if the pci slot fan would help. or as you can see with the green arrows. if i find a way to put small fans in the optical bays as shown in the third pic?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice