1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Alienware Aurora VS Area 51

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by st3veebee, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. st3veebee

st3veebee Thread Starter

Looking around the Alienware website I found this very strange:

The Area 51 base model starts at 800Euros more than the Aurora but seems to have a far poorer selection of processors, all i7, but no 2600. Of course you can get the 980 or 990x but that is an additional 800E! Otherwise the 960 (3.4 Ghz turbo) is the best option.

Whereas the Aurora desktop has the option of 2600 overclocked to 3.9 Ghz which is FAR cheaper than the above processors in the Area 51.

Of course the Area 51 has the infinitely better Core 2 Quads vs the Aurora Phenoms.

So which is ultimately better for gaming performance?? And why don't they have 2600 in the Area 51???

2. st3veebee

st3veebee Thread Starter

BUMP

Does anyone here have either of these desktops?

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The answer to "And why don't they have 2600 in the Area 51???" will have to be answered by Alienware/Dell.

4. st3veebee

st3veebee Thread Starter

Yeah I suppose it was intially a pretty dead end question.

Ill try another way: After routing around I found that the Aurora has a Alienware X58 MATX Custom Motherboard. Basically: is this a good motherboard for a 580 gtx i7 2600k system? Because if it is worth keeping then I can't see any reason in the Area 51 desktop other than future ease of upgrade!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1011741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice