Alienware Laptop: Strange errors after moving overseas.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jcwilk

I have an alienware m18x that I recently moved overseas. Lately I have been getting numerous errors when I start it up, and I find that some things, like the troubleshooter in windows update, are unable to be used. In addition, I get a few errors on startup, including the error code

0x800706b5 that will not allow me to open Windows Security Client.

I also get an "Alienware On-Screen Display-Guest User Deny" window that says "Your user account configuration does not allow the application to run properly" and an ALIENWARE ALIENFX CONTROLLER errors that says

System.NulReferencException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" along with numerous error lines.

I have run malware scans, uninstalled programs that I suspected might be interfering with those processes, and tried to run troubleshooter, which gives me an error.

What would cause these errors and how could I fix them?

Thank you.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online