1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Alienware MX 15 Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimbob123432, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbob123432

jimbob123432 Thread Starter

Hi everyone!
    I've owed my MX 15 laptop since '09 and I'm starting to have problems running games. I used to be able run games like COD:BO and Civ 5 on full graphics both on and offline, but now they're lagging to the point of being unplayable! I've dusted my computer and I've made sure that all the latest drivers are installed. Since I'm having a problem with my lappy putting out a lot of heat (core temps read about 60C after 30 minutes) so I suspect a fan issue but nothing will let me change the fan speeds!
    Please help! The stupid "service number" sticker rubbed off a long time ago and Dell refuses to help me unless I have it, so I'm kind of S.O.L. right now!

2. Electron2418

Electron2418

Hi,
    there could be problem so you install some programs and services which slowing your computer down. Try to remove programs which you don't need to make sure windows is not slowing you. If you are good enough with repairing laptops than you could try to change fan for new one if you know how.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice