1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All bad

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by liau12, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liau12

liau12 Thread Starter

My system:
    win98se
    celeron 700mhz
    384mb ram
    sbpci128
    geforce2 mx

Hi , I know this is a lot to chew, but any help in any area would be good. If anyone thinks that I should just buy a new system, that would also be taken seriously, and any advise on good products out there!

PROBLEMS:

OK, S0 I started with my computer not turning on properly. Someone told me that BIOS update might help. I updated the BIOS, and well we all know what kind of trouble can happen there. Currently, it turns on properly I think.. however Many more problems:
    for one thing I can only install Win98SE any other operating system will crash during setup... especially W2k or WinXP they tell me that I have a corrupted HD and a bunch of other blue stuff that doesn't make sense.
    CHecked Hardware,,, all seems to be ok.
    Win98se running, but I always get
    "
    Invalid Page Fault in Kernel32.dll

tried replacing some dll files... and we all know that can cause trouble!...winsock32.dll replaced because I heard that would help.. but then. ..internet didn't work.. then i replaced again and it worked.

and a bunch of blue screens that just say somethign with a random VXD that causes problem and then it explodes frome there.

These problems also do not allow me to use any games.
    Quake 3, Half-LIfe, Medal of Honor. will crash just before loading the game.
    So i'm wondering if that has to do with the video card.
    and then I will get invalid page fault in whatever exe the game is running.

on random occasions , something will work properly.
    most of the time there is no go.
    I get the same blue screens also when visiting some websites..
    eg. www.blademovie.com , the website is so fancy and when i moved my mouse over the link it caused a blue screen hah.

thanks for reading
    i know I ask a lot
    Just want to learn ---

2. mark5019

mark5019

if it was me id redo it all format and then reinstall fresh start .mite be faster than time trying to fix every error and that's never easy.
    hope you have all your software, and drivers handy

3. brianF

brianF

You obivously have multiple sticks of memory, I would try removing all but one stick and see if you still have the problem, if so, try a differnet stick on it's own. Sounds like a bad memory module could be the problem

4. liau12

liau12 Thread Starter

yah
    thought there might be something in the RAM
    someone gave me a program to test them, and it didn't come up with anything... but I guess Ill have to test physically.

thanks !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice