1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All Browsers & All Machines, Same Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AustinM, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinM

AustinM Thread Starter

My problem is intermittent. Sometimes my internet connection is perfect, sometimes it's not. When it's not, any given page in any given browser will load 3/4 or 5/6 of the way, then stop loading and spin out.

I have 2 PCs (desktop & notebook) and a MacBook. The MacBook is <1month old, and we use FF and Safari. Both the desktop & notebook (PCs) use IE, FF and Opera. All 3 computers use different firewall & virus software. I have cable internet, and I routinely get 10.5 to 11.0 Mbps download speed from www.speakeasy.net/speedtest. I have a Netgear router, with the desktop connected via cable and both laptops connected via wireless. When I bypass the router, the problem persists. I've reset both router & cable modem several times.

Any ideas?

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

You know it is not the router. See if you can get the modem checked out.

3. AustinM

AustinM Thread Starter

I suppose I need to find a plausible way to have the modem accidentally break on me...

Of course I called my ISP, and of course they assured me that nothing on their end could be causing my symptoms, and of course it couldn't be a problem with their cable modem.

Could this problem be my ISP's fault? I don't see how it could... but, then again, unless it's a problem with the modem, I don't see what it could be to make it my fault.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice