1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All downloads are blocked.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gumlog, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumlog

Gumlog Thread Starter

I am working on my daughter's Presario CQ 56-115DX Notebook running Windows 7. It has been running erratically and has a lot of junk on it and no anti virus. I have tried to install several free antivirus programs and also a Revo Uninstaller with both IE, Chrome and Firefox. All Downloads are blocked (or automatically "cancelled") including your TSG SysInfo. I turned off the Firewall but that didn't help. I also did a System Recovery back to 1-30-2013 to no avail. We don't know how long this has been going on.

Any Advice? Thanks. Gumlog

d

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and downloads site for the Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX (XG809UA#ABA) laptop.

You might want to add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

If you don't have a recovery disc kit for that laptop, I suggest you purchase it here or here.

If the built-in recovery partition gets corrupted or damaged, or if the hard drive needs to be replaced, you'll need the kit to get that laptop going again.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice