1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All downloads saving as TMP file

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by puter hater, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

I use chrome as my browser and a problem has come to light. When I save anything( jpeg,video everything) from the net it saves as a TMP file directly to the downloads file... I went to settings , advanced and downloads. Location is the download file and "Ask where to save each file before downloading" is checked". I checked my other browser (edge) downloads are no problem. jpegs download as jpegs ,video download as video and they download where I want them.
    Is there some where else in setting I need to go to fix this issue?

Google Chrome
    Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz 35 °C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1329MHz (19-19-19-43)
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0DF42J (U3E1)
    [COLOR=var(--text-or-bg-color)][/COLOR]

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did the downloads finish downloading fully? Check the download progress and see the expected file size. And compare it to the TMP file. I'd say the downloads didn't finish.

3. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

Apparently it has righted righted itself . Items are saving off the net with out a issue . The only thing that is different from today from yesterday is the computer updated, also Chrome updated. Originally the problem came out of the blue so I am surprised a update actully fixed it . To answer your question.... the tmp file downloaded completely. Then I would have to open in a program and re- save it to jpeg or what ever. It did not download anywhere else on the computer but as a tmp file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice