1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All explorer Icons changed...help!! *Image*

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rayban32, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayban32

Rayban32 Thread Starter

:confused:

Brand New: Dell Inspiron 9300
    Intel Pentium 1.86Ghz
    1.00 MB RAM
    XP SP2

Hi,

All folder and file Icons in Explorer and other places like "My Computer" and the "All Programs"-list under the Start button are changed. They all look the same now.

I don't know why, or what caused this. One of the last things I installed a week ago is CutePDF (a freeware PDF writer) and GPL Ghostscript 8.15 (a PS2PDF converter that works with CutePDF). Everything seems to work fine though.

I ran a "XP Icon Repair" registry fix that I found at: http://aumha.org/regfiles.php
    It has no effect.

I always run my spyware checks, virus files are up to date (no problems there).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pls. help. I never used Regedit actually, so if your suggestion points in that direction, pls bear with me.

Thanks a lot and regards,
    Bart

2. Rayban32

Rayban32 Thread Starter

Here are the 2 images that should go with my thread:

Attached Files:

3. wacor

wacor Banned

there are others much smarte than me that can hopefully help you.

Did you try a system restore? If you go in and can restore to a point before you had this problem maybe it will correct things.

I still do not totally understand it as I thought you would not lose anything when you restore back to an earlier time but some programs i have downloaded i have lost when i have done that. so if you need to back up anything important you should do that in advance and save it to a disc. if you do a system restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice