1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All files (pix, docs,history etc) are gone

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vampirebri, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vampirebri

vampirebri Thread Starter

When I started the computer this morning blue screen said had to check disk, whne it was complete everything eas gone, desktop,browsers, documents, photos, music eveyrthing. Tried system restore and it said that it couldn't restore. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. aellis127

aellis127

I'm going through the same thing...This is what happened to me. When I turned it on some message came on after I put in my password, something about programs, then my screen came up with all my icons. My background pic that I had was gone, it was now Gateway, (like it reset itself), so I went into my pictures to reset it and all my Pictures, documents, etc.. are gone, even when I click on my HP Photo icon, all my pictures are gone, all my itunes songs, everything from my icons is like its brand new, nothing is on it. I have no idea how to retrieve them. I did a full virus scan, and there is no viruses, etc on it, so I don't know whats going on? Another thing that I noticed is everytime I turn my laptop off, and turn it back on, everything I did as far as changing my homepage is gone as well, even all the sites I just visited,like it keeps resetting. I hope someone can tell us whats going on......

3. nessyguin

nessyguin

4. nessyguin

nessyguin

@ aellis127 , if the above doesnt get you sorted please start a new thread rather than reply on this one as there's no way of knowing if your issue is the same as vampirebri's and any posts here will be aimed at resolving their issue . Thanks :)

5. aellis127

aellis127

I did post in 2 other forums, and had several looks but no responces, so
    I decided to start looking in other forums and came across this one, and seemed similar to mine so this is why I posted my problem. I appreciate the link, but nothing worked. When I created new user account, and tried to copy everything over, (which is my problem...there are no files) its all blank, so therefore I'm copying blank. I don't understand copying something if its not there. Everything on my icons(icons are still there) is gone, hp photo, itunes, documents, pictures, olympus camera photos, etc..... nothing is coming up when I click on them, like its all been erased. So when the post said the same thing, I thought I would share my mine. If you can think of anything else please share!!!

6. nessyguin

nessyguin

aellis127 , click on this link and then the blue button for +New to start your own thread . That way you will get full and undivided attention on your issue . Expand on 'some message about programs' if you can and give as much information as possible .
    http://forums.techguy.org/21-windows-nt-2000-xp/

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice