All Games and Programs are running slower than they should

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bre3ze

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 16325 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 2774 GB (2355 GB Free); D: 17 GB (2 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI, 2AE0
Antivirus: Panda Free Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Me and my brother have completely identical computers and that confuses me because all of my games and programs run slower than his do, for example a game that we play called riders of icarus runs at around 50 fps on his computer on the highest settings, and when i do the same on my computer i only get 17-20 fps
this has been going on for some time now with every game i have and i've tried everything i know to try and help my problem (closing other apps in task manager, deleting a bunch of games and un-needed programs and setting priority to my games and none of these seem to be working. not sure if it means anything but i feel like i should mention that the fps doesn't change at all when i switch graphics settings for most of my games. Thank you in advance, this is getting really frustrating

Oddba11

Jim
Using the same hardware is only part of the equation. The next important thing would be the drivers (ie: driver version). And regardless of if they are identical or not, you very likely don't have the same software installed. Especially stuff that runs in the background can be important. Perform a clean boot and test from there.

Try opening your computer
Remove ram and clean it with a dry cloth
If this doesnt work then try installing Windows 7 on your Computer.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Me and my brother have completely identical computers and that confuses me because all of my games and programs run slower than his do
You and your brother may have identical gaming rigs, but I'm sure you both have different computing habits and have different programs installed and have a different number of running processes.

If you haven't done it lately, you might want to examine the inside of the case and make sure it's not clogged with dust.

---------------------------------------------------------------

rfharris

Mike
I am personally for some unknown reason not a great fan of AMD processors. It is strange that two similar computers are performance not the same. I guess you should install a new copy of windows and hopefully you will get rid of the problem. All the best (Y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts