1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All Games Are Crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by gda, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gda

gda Thread Starter

All games are crashing after a few minutes of play.
    The games are Neverwinter Nights, Dungeon Siege, Soldier of Fortune 2 and Divine Dininty. This problem seem to start around the time I installed Divine Divinity. This was the last game I installed. Divine Divinity never worked correctly.

I used System Suite 4.0 to diagnose any problems and checked for viruses. All checked out OK.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks

System Specs
    Windows XP Profesional - Service Pack 1
    AMD Athlon XP1700+
    1.48 GHz
    1.25 GB of RAM
    ATI Radeon 8500 video card 64 MB
    Audigy Sound Blaster sound card from Creative
    Direct X 9

2. vesselle

vesselle

i feel for you. that's my problem too.

one moment Morrowind was running fine. the next time i opened it, it was freezing on me, making me do cold boots. i HATE that. anyway.. these suggestions are a little unorganized, but here they are....

have you tried RESTORE to the point before you installed Divine Divinity?

what about the basics? have you tried...

... to close down all virus scanners, disk doctor, anything that runs in the background?

... uninstall the games and reinstall one at a time? testing after each install?

what about your drivers? have you tried ripping them out (registry included) then booting into VGA mode?

have you uninstalled and/or deleted your hardware from your device manager? reinstalling each thing, one at a time?

have you tried using hardware acceleration? turn it down a notch at a time and attempt to play? going all the way down the scale? what happens?

tried playing with no sound? sometimes sound drivers really mess games up.

good luck.

V***V

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice