1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ALL games consistently crashing after short use

Discussion in 'Games' started by copperwheels, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copperwheels

copperwheels Thread Starter

Never thought i'd be making one of these posts but here we are.

Anyways, I just put together this PC a month ago. Here are the specs:
    GeForce RTX 2070 XC GAMING Graphics Card
    Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core LGA 1151 Processor
    Z370 Krait Gaming LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
    750 GQ 750W 80 Plus Gold Semi-Modular Power Supply
    Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler

Heres the problem: just a few days ago after installing my SSD and a fresh install of Windows 10 (this was about 2 weeks ago) all my games started crashing randomly. Then suddenly it got worse and all my games started crashing after a couple seconds of use. To be more specific, my games all crash to desktop after freezing for a couple seconds then a blinking black screen. My gpu or psu (most likely my gpu judging by where sounds are coming from) consistently makes a weird/low buzz/static noise when the game is crashing/starting up.

I've tried almost everything it feels like such as:
    Uninstalling/disabling NVIDIA HD audio devices
    fresh install of windows 10
    taking apart/cleaning and firmly placing all pc components back into place
    installing all drivers to be up to date
    lowering graphic settings (before crashing got worse and faster)
    checking temperatures(temps are perfectly fine)

So, yeah, not too sure what I should be doing as I am inexperienced with computers. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Start up of PC and anything besides starting up games and playing them is 100% fine and stable

2. linda2010

linda2010

i did not but i also just finished running both a memtest and running HOT CPU tester for 6hrs both came back negative and ran FURmark for 30 minutes with no problems temps stay fine ive tried a reset installation of windows and im not exactly sure what else to do to check things the only thing i can think to do at this point is wipe my drives and reinstall windows

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does your graphics card program have a self test ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice