All games crash/freeze

ArcticJosh

When I try to play literally any game it just crashes/freezes after a few momments, I think it started after updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Idk what causes this problem I tried reset this PC with no personal files but it still keeps happening..

ArcticJosh

uh I also realized that before it says ''Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'' my screen turns black for few seconds

That screen shot is not what I asked for....I need all your systems hardware....ie mobo make/model, PSU (power supply) make/model....download Speecy and post that screenshot please. This information helps us tremendously

That error message is indicative of a corrupted or missing GPU driver. You need to update your GPU driver.

Is this a OEM Acer laptop/tower PC? If so what's the model number of it. With that model number, you should be able to go to its support web page and update all your drivers.

ArcticJosh

Is this a OEM Acer laptop/tower PC? If so what's the model number of it. With that model number, you should be able to go to its support web page and update all your drivers.
its PC predator G3-605. Someone told me to cleanly remove graphic driver with DDU thing and reinstall, you think that would help ?

OK...now we're getting some where. So that's an Acer's pre-built gaming rig.

As stated above, that error is directly related to the GPU driver
Yes.....use DDU and follow the directions to the letter. Otherwise it's not a clean uninstall and install. Then I would go to Acer's website for the rig and update all the remaining drivers that may need updating. Also look for a BIOS update.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6021?b=1

I just noticed in your first screen shot (sorry I have very bad vision now) that you are running windows 8.1. Have you thought about upgrading to windows 10? Your rig supports windows 10.

ArcticJosh

I just noticed in your first screen shot (sorry I have very bad vision now) that you are running windows 8.1. Have you thought about upgrading to windows 10? Your rig supports windows 10.
eh I already did DDU thing it didin't help I cleanly reinstall NVIDIA driver its now even worse when I try to play youtube video it gets stuck and some weird lines are on the screen

ArcticJosh

That would indicate GPU is failing.
eh no idea why it happens because everything was good before also those lines appeared only after DDU graphic drivers reinstall, now I Don't see those lines but it still keeps crashing. Anyways I think video card is damaged or something... thank you for trying to help tho !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online