All icons missing from almost every application

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheBrocs

System info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3530 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8075 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 915 GB (678 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire E5-511
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled

I woke up this morning to find all icons missing from task bar, desktop and file explorer. i have tried deleting my iconcache.db so another can be created however it said my iconcache had already been deleted. (Pictures attached!)

Thanks in advance!Helpme1.PNG Helpme2.PNG

TheBrocs

I tried to open the system restore window but i got the error "catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF)

Thank you!

TheBrocs

I have been trying to trouble shoot the issue and while doing this i tried to create another account on this computer to see if it was system-wide or account wide. I made the account successfully but can not log in to this. Im assuming this problem is much more than a 'icons missing'. im thinking about resetting my computer but im not 100% that it will fix it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online