1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved All-In-One computers...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larryh10000, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

Looking at the pros and cons of All-In-One Vs Desktop PCs. Most videos and articles I have read on the Internet indicate that most All-In-One PCs don't support multiple monitors. Most don't have additional input ports to plug in an additional monitor. Is this typically true about All-In-Ones PCs?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Unless you have a space issue or just prefer having an all-in-one, stick with a desktop/tower.
    Besides being cheaper and having less hardware issues, a desktop/tower has more hardware upgrade options and is easier to service.

-------------------------------------------------------------

3. larryh10000

Thanks Mr. Flavallee (y)

I couldn't agree with you more, hard to repair and limited serviceability due to proprietary components, and several other reasons. Not something I would buy for myself, however, I'm a big fan of Scott Mueller, author of his well known series of computer books that go by the name of "Upgrading and Repairing PC's. He has recently released his 22nd edition and he has a book and video with a section where he discusses All-In-One PCs and he agrees with you Mr. Flavallee completely, desktop/towers are still the best rout to go.

However, he does mention ( as one of the cons of the All-In-One PC ) is that they don't provide a monitor output for dual displays. Do you or anyone reading this post or have an All-In-One PC that can confirm that they do not provide an output for dual monitors.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    An all-in-one functions very similar to a laptop/notebook, so I believe they support using only 1 external monitor.
    Someone else here who has experience with using external monitors can better advise you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

I have looked up several all-in-ones and they do not support external displays, you have to check each one

6. larryh10000

Thank all - much appreciated (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice