All-in-one: print/scan/fax Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lastone

I just bought an AIO (all in one) copier, printer, scanner, fax machine.
A HP 5510v.

I'm running 98 or XP (XP till my 98 gets fixed).

I have a cable internet connection.

Q: Will I be able to fax from a cable internet connection...or does this have to be on dial-up.
I'm thinking of faxing being connected to a phone line.(typically)

Is this possible via cable?

Sounds rather dim of me, huh? :D

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You can use a web based fax system similar to efax.com or webfax.jfax.com

lastone

Ok,(good links) but I bought this machine, and still don't have an answer as to if I can fax via cable, or for that matter DSL.
I'm assuming I can.

dustyjay

Jay
you can not do a fax like you would with a dial up connection. Like Candy said you can use Efax. Though I dont know how well it works.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
If you wish to fax the 'normal' way you are used to, then yes, you will need to plug the phone line into the machine and manually dial out, or do it via a program like Winfax. I also think XP has a built in fax program, but I could be wrong.

I use EFAX for my free incoming faxes. They come to me as email attachments and it works wonderfully. You can get up to 20 per month with a free account. I use the webfax.jax to send faxes via the web to a real fax machine, and each page is 10 cents to the U.S. It works wonderfully as well ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts