1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ALL internet browsers are very slow/cannot load some pages. Very specific problem.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lordarmon, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lordarmon

lordarmon Thread Starter

Hi all, I have had this problem for about a week now, but it has gradually worsened.
    As the title states, my internet is extremely slow, and I cannot load certain content heavy pages such as fileplanet.com, gamershell.com etc.
    My laptop (Xp) is wireless, I have tried direct connection to the router to no avail.
    My dad's desktop (Xp) is wired, and also has the same problem.
    My mum's laptop (Vista) is wireless but works absolutely fine (posting this off of her's)
    I am running Zone Alarm, have done multiple scans with AVG, Ad Aware and Spybot with no improvement.
    I've tried using open dns, and flushing my dns.
    I've cleaned up my temp files and cache.
    I should also mention, downloads are completely fine.
    It's JUST the browser.
    At one point I had two instances of rundll32.exe active at once, but only one seems to be running now.
    In safe mode, guess what! Everything is dandy, so it must be program related, and I'm guessing a problem to do with something within Xp.
    I saw on one forum someone reporting that there was an unknown process checked in msconfig and some dlls in the system32 directory with a similar name, upon deletion of them all, the problem was resolved, alas I cannot see anything like this.
    After searching ALL over the internet and seeing many people with the same problem, I have found no resolution, someone please help me out! :confused:
    Anything would be much appreciated, I'm losing it over this one.. hope the info is specific enough for you guys to work with!

2. lordarmon

lordarmon Thread Starter

Peerguardian seemed to be blocking most of the access to sites such as fileplanet, and Avg Web Shield was massively slowing down my browser speed.
    This does solve the problem but leaves me a bit less secure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!