1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All kinds of weird error messages!!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LisaNYC, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LisaNYC

LisaNYC Thread Starter

Hello, please help me!

I had a Trojan virus recently that I removed successfully when I upgraded my Norton Antivirus. The virus was quarantined and removed, but now I get weird error messages.

When I open programs, such as Mozilla Firefox, I get a message asking me to choose which program I want to use to open the file. I have to select Firefox in order to use it.

When I open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, I get this message and I cannot open the program:

Invalid Command Line Parameters
    Usage: DesktopMgr [/record <destination directory for recorded settings>]

PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Click on EXEFIX.

Make sure you save it to your desktop.

Once saved to your desktop, double click it and it will merge to the registry automatically.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right click it and select Open With > Choose Program Then select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

Note: Please reboot the computer after applying the fix.

3. LisaNYC

LisaNYC Thread Starter

A million thanks...that totally worked!

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

There's a copyright on that fix... :D (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice