1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All my browsers are acting up periodically

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Batboy, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Batboy

Batboy Thread Starter

I'm receiving "Webpage cannot be displayed" messages in various forms from all of my three browsers (Opera IE7 Mozilla). It looks like if I'm offline but it's not true. The problem is not constant, it returns periodically and only affects my browsers and partially my Trillian. Outlook and even MMORPG games are going fine.

I'm using a router, and my other machine connected to it, is working properly.

Any help would be welcome!

2. Batboy

Batboy Thread Starter

I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 2.

3. GardenLibrarian

GardenLibrarian

Hi Batboy,
    I've had a very similar problem recently, but in my case it was my Vista machine that acted up while my XP machine continued to function properly. See my post to the Vista forum (a reply to Doug1234) which I sent today. Reading that you had the same problem with an XP machine is worrying!
    If you have resolved your problem, I'd be grateful to hear how you did it.
    Cheers,
    GardenLibrarian

4. Batboy

Batboy Thread Starter

As far as I know - aside from my Nod32 - I don't have any updater running which can cut my network connection periodically, but I'll look around.

5. failtoid

failtoid

i have the same problem but its happening with all machines on my network they takes forever to load pages, you have to retry and reload numerous times but all online games work with no interruption but if you try to look something up while playing the sites still fail to load i use firefox the others use internet explorer.

6. Batboy

Batboy Thread Starter

I didn't find any pending update installation and I'm not using Google Desktop. The problem is still there.

7. Batboy

Batboy Thread Starter

bump

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice