1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All my files are opened as excel instead of word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ibibat, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibibat

ibibat Thread Starter

So when i open any file like a PDF or something, it's automatically opened as an excel document when i want it to be word. I've already tried setting word as a default app but it still doesn't work.
    Also, i tried going to the downloaded files and pressed 'open documents like this with word from now on' but afterwards when i open that same file it still opens in excel. Can someone please help me, i have to print stuff for school but I can't because of this.

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Well you can Print in the interim. Instead of pushing a file to an application via its File Association, you can always open the Application and then open the document and print it.

So if you try to open a PDF, DOC, DOCx, and others they are all associated to MS Excel ?

Did you Right-Click on a PDF file and choose "Open With" ---> Choose Default Program
    And set it back to Adobe Reader ( or whatever PDF viewer you use ) ?

likewise...

Did you Right-Click on a DOC and DOCx files and choose "Open With" ---> Choose Default Program
    And set it back to Microsoft Word ?

Additionally...
    Did you go to Control Panel and use the Default Programs applet and then choose "Set your Default Program" and then choose the Program like Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word and have it "Set this program as default" ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice