1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

all my games have stopped working... except bf3

Discussion in 'Games' started by thegill, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegill

thegill Thread Starter

I have a bunch of games installed on my computer that I have played for several hours with no problem. I haven't played any for maybe the last 2 weeks and when I go to load up GTA 4 today the screen just turns black and tells me the program stopped working. I quickly found out it does this for all of my games (except battlefield 3, which runs perfectly) the games i have tried to load up are: skyrim,team fortress 2, everquest 2, half life 2 deathmatch, and guild wars. all of these games will either greet me with nothing but a black screen (that sometimes flickers a little) before giving me the message saying the program has stopped working. some games will get to the very first screen (the ones with company logos and whatnot) before giving this message. I don't believe I have changed anything in my setup since the time they have stopped working. any insight to what could be causing this problem? I apologize if this problem has been brought up before, it is hard to google "program not responding" and find something relevant to what my specific problem is.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 8189 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480, 1536 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953765 MB, Free - 578905 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-870A-UD3
    Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice