1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All my Office Applications Loading after a long delay.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by symiggy, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. symiggy

symiggy Thread Starter

As of a few days ago, all my MS Office applications are taking an inordinately long time to load.
    After I press the icon of (say) a Word document, there is an approximate seven second delay before MS Word loads and then a further five to six second delay before the document itself loads into Word.
    I had this exact same problem happen a few weeks ago and I eventually solved it by running "Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal". Unfortunately this has not helped me this time around.
    It's almost as if there is something blocking or filtering the program before it runs.
    I have a relatively fast computer and prior to this happening, Word documents usually loaded in about one to two seconds.
    I have tried a repair re-install of MS Office without any improvement.
    I run Windows XP SP2 with MS Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003.
    My computer is AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 3800+ with 2.0 GB RAM and GeCube Radeon X800XL Graphics card.
    I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Thank You.:confused:

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

*Blocking or filtering* may be the key. Do you have a virus checker that might be checking everything you try to load? I know that Norton AntiVirus is notorious for slowing Word down.

3. symiggy

symiggy Thread Starter

EBSchrader:
    This was my initial thought but I do not have any new anti virus or anti-spyware programs running.
    I do have NOD 32 anti-virus and Webroot Spy Sweeper running in the background, but this is not new and before the problem arose I had that same configuration without any problems.
    I was thinking more along the lines that there is perhaps some setting deep within MS Office that I need to change perhaps:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice