All my Word Icon changes mysteriously

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jt5663

Windows 98 - looking for information on why my MS Word Icons change from the standard "W" to the Defrag or the Freefall Icon. Most of the time when I restart the PC they come back to the normall "W". I would like to know what if anything I am doing to cause this. Would appreciate your help.

Hi Jt5663

This occurs when your shelliconcache file becomes full - deleting your temporary internet files and rebooting will solve this each time

I used to have this same problem and I fixed it by increasing the shelliconcache file size to 2048 from 1024 - this link explains all about it :-

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100678&highlight=icons+change

There is a link in post #3 with the "fix"

After doing this I've never had the problem re-occur

steam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online