1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

All new memory - but poor performance

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bbreider, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbreider

bbreider Thread Starter

I have a HP 6640c pavillion- it came with 64 MB RAM- I ran my programs OK- with mediocre performance. I recently bought 3 128 Mb chips- the day I installed the new RAM - my computer has not been the same. performance is the same and seems even worse than when i had just the 64MB in it. the original chip was pc100 - alll the new chips are PC 100 - what could the problem be? SOmetimes the pc doesnt even want to start up - my gaming is worse than when I just had the one chip in --WHATS UP?

2. fireboy69

fireboy69

There could be a couple of different causes. It could be bad ram, or you may be exceeding what your motherboard can handle. Find out the max ram your mobo can handle. If you are within your limits, I suggest removing all but one stick, rebooting, then checking performance, and working from there. Good luck.

3. hewee

hewee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice